Friday, April 15, 2011

Casting ballots!

Everyone knows that election day is May 2nd, but if you will be away/otherwise unable to vote on that day, you can cast your ballot on April 22, 23, or 25 at the advance polls. More info here. Don't forget to bring your government-issued ID and an official piece of mail with your address on it if the address on you ID isn't within the riding (i.e. if you're voting in the riding where you go to school).

It actually works out really well for students that the advance polling is over Easter long weekend, because then those of us who want to vote at home have a better shot. That's what I'm doing. Watch out for me at the advance polls on April 22/23, yo! Both my home riding and the riding where I live at school are close races between Liberal and Conservative candidates, and a lot of my friends are choosing to vote at school rather than at home in order to tip the scales, but I think my strategic vote has more strategic value in my home riding. WHOLE NEW LEVEL of strategic voting!

Speaking of ballots. Conservatives are asking that the ballots from a special polling station at Guelph University be disqualified. If there was partisan election material (ads or even signs or pamphlets from any of the parties or candidates), the polling station might be illegal. Or is it just the Conservatives freaking out because Guelph, who jump-started the vote mob movement, scared them?

UPDATE: Elections Canada declared the ballots valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment